Friday, October 5, 2018

Late

I realize that as I prepare to journal about week 3, I didn't write last week.

Last week I had the opportunity to call upon the Lord on how to help Kathryn, a 65 year old student with Aspergers, maneuver through this course. Her concern was that she wouldn't be "reflect on her feelings" each week.
As I contemplated how to help her I was given the impression "Why does she need to reflect on her feelings", knowledge is what needs to be known. What was important was that she know what to do when doing her family history. This course was different than the rest of the GEN courses, and she would only struggle in this course.
I was also led to an answer through my mom. I had been telling her that my student gave me insight into what Vaidyn (my grand daughter) might go through in years to come. I told her she was an endowed member. She asked "Well how did she get a temple recommend?"
That got me thinking about the wording of one of the questions. It didn't have anything to do with feeling, but rather with knowing. I heard me say "If that bar is good enough for the temple, it should be good enough for this course"
I am so grateful that we have the knowledge of personal revelation. Without it, I would never have asked the Lord how to help her. I know that each of us needs to reflect on spiritual things, but now I realize that we all will do that in different ways. He has not set a way to receive revelation other than to turn to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment