Saturday, October 27, 2018

Journal

I am finding it hard to remember to post to this journal. Part of it I believe is that my regular teaching job is harder this year than any other, and I have allowed the frustrations and concerns to overwhelm me.
In the quite moment of last night, at 1:30 am, I told myself that I needed to put all of this in his hands and go where he wants me to go. I need to simplify so I can hear those whisperings, other than when I am waking up in the middle of the night. Without doing that, I will never be able to hear what is needed for this course.
What I have heard so far, concerning both this job and my church calling is to teach about the one. We know that 3 is a divine number, but 1 seems to be equally important to the Lord.
His life showed that we as individuals matter to Him, and thus to our Father in Heaven. He gave us the parable of Shepherd, leaving the 90 and 9 to go find his lost sheep. That's how I am seeing family history.
I have begun to iterate that to my students in our meetings and in my testimony. That finding just one person on their line, getting to know them, and performing their needed ordinances, is just as important to God's plan, as having many to get to know.
Likewise, I can not just continue to see my students as a whole. Each of them are dealing with emotions or trials that effect this work. I need to be open to those concerns on an individual basis as well. There is no group think in family history!

No comments:

Post a Comment